2.7/3.5 mm Locking Lateral Distal Fibula Plates Specification, Uses, Sizes & Surgical Instruments.
2.7/3.5 mm Locking Lateral Distal Fibula Plates Specification
- Plates available holes are 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8.
- Plates available for Left and Right both direction
- Plate has combi holes and round holes. Combi holes allow fixation with locking screws in the threaded section and cortex screws in the dynamic compression unit section for compression.
- The shaft holes accept 3.5 mm locking screws in the threaded portion or 3.5 mm cortical screws or 4 mm cancellous screws in the compression portion. Distal locking holes in plate head accept 2.7 mm locking screws.
- 2.7/3.5 mm Locking Lateral Distal Fibula Plates allow implant placement to address the individual fracture pattern.
- Coaxial Holes in plate head have recess to minimize screw prominence to create a low-profile construct.
- Four K-wire holes in the head of the lateral plate accept 2 mm K-wires.
- Limited-contact surface reduces bone-to-plate contact and helps to preserve the periosteal blood supply.
- Choice of different lengths of plate eliminates the need to cut plates.
- Pre-contoured plate to match anatomical shape.
- Available in both Titanium and Stainless steel.
- locking plate increases construct stability, decreases risk of screw back-out and subsequent loss of reduction. It also reduces the need for precise anatomic plate contouring and minimizes the risk of stripped screw holes.
- A complete Instruments Set is available for 2.7/3.5 mm Locking Lateral Distal Fibula Plates. General Instruments are available for this plate such as Plate Bending Press, Plate Holding Forceps, Plate Bending Pliers, Bone Holding Forceps, Bone Elevators, Bone Cutter, Bone Nibbler, Depth Gauge, Sleeve, Screw Driver, Trocar Sleeve etc.
2.7/3.5 mm Locking Lateral Distal Fibula Plates Uses
2.7/3.5 mm Locking Lateral Distal Fibula Plates are indicated for fractures, osteotomies, and nonunions of the metaphyseal and diaphyseal region of the distal fibula, especially in osteopenic bone.