3.5 mm Locking Hook Plates Specification, Uses, Sizes & Surgical Instruments.
3.5 mm Locking Hook Plates Specification
- Plates available holes are 3.
- Plates available for Left and Right both direction
- Plate has combi holes and round holes. Combi holes allow fixation with locking screws in the threaded section and cortex screws in the dynamic compression unit section for compression.
- The shaft holes accept 3.5 mm locking screws in the threaded portion or 3.5 mm cortical screws or 4 mm cancellous screws in the compression portion.
- 3.5 mm Locking Hook Plates allow implant placement to address the individual fracture pattern.
- Pre-contoured plate to match anatomical shape.
- Available in both Titanium and Stainless steel.
- locking plate increases construct stability, decreases risk of screw back-out and subsequent loss of reduction. It also reduces the need for precise anatomic plate contouring and minimizes the risk of stripped screw holes.
- A complete Instruments Set is available for 3.5 mm Locking Hook Plates. General Instruments are available for this plate such as Plate Bending Press, Plate Holding Forceps, Plate Bending Pliers, Bone Holding Forceps, Bone Elevators, Bone Cutter, Bone Nibbler, Depth Gauge, Sleeve, Screw Driver, Trocar Sleeve etc.
- Minimal hardware prominence
- Hooks provide additional points of fixation
- Locking screws provide a fixed-angle construct, which provides advantages in osteopenic bone where traditional screw purchase is compromised
- Shaped to provide spring-effect, to aid in reduction
- Dual hook configuration facilitates placement
A single 3-hole plate can be used in multiple locations, applied to either the right or left side of the anatomy, resulting in less inventory required
Non-locking hole between the hooks
Allows fracture compression with a lag screw.
Elongated non-locking hole
Designed for plate flexibility, and aids in placement and fracture compression
Elongated Combi holes
For controlled compression and optimal plate placement
Minimize soft tissue irritation
3.5 mm Locking Hook Plates Uses
3.5 mm Locking Hook Plates are indicated for fractures, osteotomies and nonunions of small bones, including the ulna, radius, tibia and fibula, particularly in osteopenic bone.