3.5 mm Locking Pilon Plates Specification, Uses, Sizes & Surgical Instruments.
3.5 mm Locking Pilon Plates Specification
- Plates available holes are 7 and 9.
- Plate has combi holes and round holes. Combi holes allow fixation with locking screws in the threaded section and cortex screws in the dynamic compression unit section for compression.
- The shaft holes accept 3.5 mm locking screws in the threaded portion or 3.5 mm cortical screws or 4 mm cancellous screws in the compression portion. Distal locking holes in plate head accept 3.5 mm locking screws or 4 mm Cancellous screws.
- Can be cut and contoured for anatomic fit on left or right distal tibia.
- May be placed on the anterior, medial, anteromedial, or anterolateral distal tibia.
- Locking screws engaged in the plate create a fixed-angle construct that improves fixation in osteopenic bone and multifragment fractures.
- The distal portion and arms may be contoured or holes may be removed as necessary.
- 3.5 mm Locking Pilon Plates allow implant placement to address the individual fracture pattern.
- Choice of different lengths of plate eliminates the need to cut plates.
- Pre-contoured plate to match anatomical shape.
- Available in both Titanium and Stainless steel.
- locking plate increases construct stability, decreases risk of screw back-out and subsequent loss of reduction. It also reduces the need for precise anatomic plate contouring and minimizes the risk of stripped screw holes.
- A complete Instruments Set is available for 3.5 mm Locking Pilon Plates. General Instruments are available for this plate such as Plate Bending Press, Plate Holding Forceps, Plate Bending Pliers, Bone Holding Forceps, Bone Elevators, Bone Cutter, Bone Nibbler, Depth Gauge, Sleeve, Screw Driver, Trocar Sleeve etc.
3.5 mm Locking Pilon Plates Uses
3.5 mm Locking Pilon Plates are indicated for extra-articular and intra-articular fractures and osteotomies of the distal tibia.