3.5 mm Locking Proximal Tibia Plates Specification, Uses, Sizes & Surgical Instruments.
3.5 mm Locking Proximal Tibia Plates Specification
- Plates available holes are 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12 and 14.
- Plates available for Left and Right both direction
- Plate has combi holes and round holes. Combi holes allow fixation with locking screws in the threaded section and cortex screws in the dynamic compression unit section for compression.
- Four convergent threaded screw holes accept 3.5 mm Locking Screws and 3.5 mm Cortical Screws.
- The three locking holes distal to the plate head accept 3.5 mm Locking Screws or 3.5 mm Cortical Screw to secure plate position. The hole angles allow the locking screws to converge with three of the four locking screws in the plate head to support medial fragments.
- The shaft holes accept 3.5 mm locking screws in the threaded portion or 3.5 mm cortical screws or 4 mm cancellous screws in the compression portion.
- Three 2 mm holes for preliminary fixation with Kirschner wires, or meniscal repair with sutures.
- Anatomically contoured to match the lateral proximal tibia.
- 3.5 mm Locking Proximal Tibia Plates allow implant placement to address the individual fracture pattern.
- Limited-contact surface reduces bone-to-plate contact and helps to preserve the periosteal blood supply.
- Choice of different lengths of plate eliminates the need to cut plates.
- Pre-contoured plate to match anatomical shape.
- Available in both Titanium and Stainless steel.
- locking plate increases construct stability, decreases risk of screw back-out and subsequent loss of reduction. It also reduces the need for precise anatomic plate contouring and minimizes the risk of stripped screw holes.
- A complete Instruments Set is available for 3.5 mm Locking Proximal Tibia Plates. General Instruments are available for this plate such as Plate Bending Press, Plate Holding Forceps, Plate Bending Pliers, Bone Holding Forceps, Bone Elevators, Bone Cutter, Bone Nibbler, Depth Gauge, Sleeve, Screw Driver, Trocar Sleeve etc.
3.5 mm Locking Proximal Tibia Plates Uses
3.5 mm Locking Proximal Tibia Plates are indicated for temporary internal fixation and stabilization of osteotomies and fractures, including:
- Comminuted fractures
- Supracondylar fractures
- Intra-articular and extra-articular condylar fractures
- Fractures in osteopenic bone