6.5 mm Cancellous Screw Specification, Uses & Sizes
6.5 mm Cancellous Screw Specification
- 6.5 mm Cancellous Screw available lengths are 25mm, 30mm, 35mm, 40mm, 45mm, 50mm, 55mm, 60mm, 65mm, 70mm, 75mm, 80mm, 85mm, 90mm, 95mm, 100mm, 105mm, 110mm, 115mm, 120mm, 125mm and 130mm.
- Screws available thread lengths are 16 mm thread, 32 mm thread and Fully threaded.
- 6.5 mm Cancellous Screw is made from pure Titanium and SS 316L.
- Low-profile head helps reduce possibility of soft tissue irritation .
- Reverse-cutting flutes assist in screw removal.
- Choice of thread lengths offers best fit of threads into far bone fragment, for greater interfragmentary compression.
- Cancellous thread profile uses deep cutting threads with a large pitch to increase resistance to pullout. The large pitch also accelerates screw insertion and removal.
- Self-drilling, self-tapping screw tip facilitates screw insertion by eliminating the need for predrilling and tapping in most cases.
- Any additional length sizes of this screw will be made on demand.
- This is Self Tapping Screw. Self Tapping Screws cuts its own thread while being driven into the bone. It makes a small hole while entering the bone which creates a tight friction fit between the threads. This helps fight vibration loosening and allows the parts to be taken apart if needed..
- Instruments are available for this screw such as Bone Taps, Combined Drill & Tap Sleeve, Counter Sink, Depth Gauge, Drill Bits, Drill Guide, Drill Sleeve, Hollow Mill Screw Removal, Reverse Measuring Device, Screw Drivers and Screw Holding Forceps etc.
6.5 mm Cancellous Screw uses
6.5 mm Cancellous Screw is intended for fracture fixation of large bones and large bone fragments.
This Screw is also indicated for:
- Femoral neck fractures
- Slipped capital femoral epiphyses
- As an adjunct to DHS in basilar neck fractures
- Tibial plateau fractures
- Ankle arthrodeses
- Pediatric femoral neck fractures
- Intercondylar femur fractures
- Sacroiliac joint disruptions
- Subtalar arthrodeses