5 mm Locking Cancellous Screw Specification, Uses & Sizes
5 mm Locking Cancellous Screw Specification
- 5 mm Locking Cancellous Screw available lengths are 20mm, 25mm, 30mm, 35mm, 40mm, 45mm, 50mm, 55mm, 60mm, 65mm, 70mm, 75mm, 80mm, 85mm, 90mm, 95mm, 100mm, 105mm, 110mm, 115mm and 120mm.
- Screws available thread lengths are 16 mm thread, 32 mm thread and Fully threaded.
- Screw is made from pure Titanium and SS 316L.
- Low-profile head helps reduce possibility of soft tissue irritation .
- Reverse-cutting flutes assist in screw removal.
- Choice of thread lengths offers best fit of threads into far bone fragment, for greater interfragmentary compression.
- Cancellous thread profile uses deep cutting threads with a large pitch to increase resistance to pullout. The large pitch also accelerates screw insertion and removal.
- Self-drilling, self-tapping screw tip facilitates screw insertion by eliminating the need for predrilling and tapping in most cases.
- Any additional length sizes of this screw will be made on demand.
- This is Self Tapping Screw. Self Tapping Screws cuts its own thread while being driven into the bone. It makes a small hole while entering the bone which creates a tight friction fit between the threads. This helps fight vibration loosening and allows the parts to be taken apart if needed..
- Instruments are available for this screw such as Bone Taps, Combined Drill & Tap Sleeve, Counter Sink, Depth Gauge, Drill Bits, Drill Guide, Drill Sleeve, Hollow Mill Screw Removal, Reverse Measuring Device, Screw Drivers and Screw Holding Forceps etc.
5 mm Locking Cancellous Screw uses
5 mm Locking Cancellous Screw is intended for fracture fixation of large bones and large bone fragments.
This Screw is also indicated for:
- Femoral neck fractures
- Slipped capital femoral epiphyses
- As an adjunct to DHS in basilar neck fractures
- Tibial plateau fractures
- Ankle arthrodeses
- Pediatric femoral neck fractures
- Intercondylar femur fractures
- Sacroiliac joint disruptions
- Subtalar arthrodeses