2.7 mm Locking Volar Juxta Articular Distal Radius Plate Specification, Uses, Sizes & Surgical Instruments.
- Plates available holes are 3, 4 and 5.
- Plates available for Left and Right both direction.
- Available in both Titanium and Stainless steel.
- 2.7 mm Locking Volar Juxta Articular Distal Radius Plate is precontoured with a complex bend designed to fit the volar surface of the distal radius. Juxta-articular plates may be used for more complex fractures. Placement is as distal as possible on the radius. The locking holes in the head of the plate are angled 5° proximal to the articular surface, to allow a more distal plate placement.
- Straight plates are contoured to fit the radial column and have a notched tip that allows them to fit on the radial styloid, adjacent to a temporary K-wire fixation.
- Undercuts on the bottom of the plate head facilitate contouring of the plate to match the anatomy of the distal radius and minimize the potential for soft tissue irritation.
- Plate has combi holes and round holes. Combi holes allow fixation with locking screws in the threaded section and cortex screws in the dynamic compression unit section for compression.
- The shaft holes accept 2.7 mm locking screws in the threaded portion or 2.7 mm cortical screws in the compression portion. Locking holes in plate head accept 2.7 mm locking screws.
- PLate allow implant placement to address the individual fracture pattern.
- Limited-contact surface reduces bone-to-plate contact and helps to preserve the periosteal blood supply.
- Choice of different lengths of plate eliminates the need to cut plates.
- Pre-contoured plate to match anatomical shape.
- Low plate-and-screw profile minimizes potential for tendon and soft tissue irritation.
- Rounded edges minimize potential for tendon adhesion.
- Smaller plates and screws address fracture fragments individually, with less overall implant bulk.
- Locking screws offer a fixed-angle construct to support the articular surface, reduce the need for bone graft, and obtain fixation in osteoporotic bone.
- locking plate increases construct stability, decreases risk of screw back-out and subsequent loss of reduction. It also reduces the need for precise anatomic plate contouring and minimizes the risk of stripped screw holes.
- A complete Instruments Set is available for 2.7 mm Locking Volar Juxta Articular Distal Radius Plate. General Instruments are available for this plate such as Plate Bending Press, Plate Holding Forceps, Plate Bending Pliers, Bone Holding Forceps, Bone Elevators, Bone Cutter, Bone Nibbler, Depth Gauge, Sleeve, Screw Driver, Trocar Sleeve etc.
2.7 mm Locking Volar Juxta Articular Distal Radius Plate Uses
2.7 mm Locking Volar Juxta Articular Distal Radius Plate is used or fixation of complex intra and extra-articular fractures and osteotomies of the distal radius and other small bones.