2.7 mm Variable Angle Volar Distal Radius Plate Specification, Uses, Sizes & Surgical Instruments.
2.7 mm Variable Angle Volar Distal Radius Plate Specification
- Plates available holes are 3, 4 and 5.
- Plates available for Left and Right both direction.
- Available in both Titanium and Stainless steel.
- Anatomically contoured volar distal radius plates designed to address both simple and complex fractures.
- Variable angle LCP holes in the head of the plate combined with variable angle locking screws offer a locked construct to support the articular surface and reduce the need for bone graft.
- Four columns of threads in the variable angle locking hole provide four points of threaded locking between the VA-LCP plate and the variable angle locking screw, forming a fixed-angle construct at the desired screw angle.
- Plates available for Left and Right both direction
- Plate has combi holes and round holes. Combi holes allow fixation with locking screws in the threaded section and cortex screws in the dynamic compression unit section for compression.
- The shaft holes accept 2.7 mm locking screws in the threaded portion or 2.7 mm cortical screws in the compression portion. Distal locking holes in plate head accept 2.7 mm locking screws.
- 2.7 mm Variable Angle Volar Distal Radius Plate allow implant placement to address the individual fracture pattern.
- Limited-contact surface reduces bone-to-plate contact and helps to preserve the periosteal blood supply.
- Low plate-and-screw profile minimizes potential for tendon and soft tissue irritation.
- Choice of different lengths of plate eliminates the need to cut plates.
- Anatomic shape fits close to the volar ridge with rounded edges to minimize soft tissue irritation.
- Locking screws offer a fixed-angle construct to support the articular surface, reduce the need for bone graft, and obtain fixation in osteoporotic bone.
- locking plate increases construct stability, decreases risk of screw back-out and subsequent loss of reduction. It also reduces the need for precise anatomic plate contouring and minimizes the risk of stripped screw holes.
- A complete Instruments Set is available for 2.7 mm Variable Angle Volar Distal Radius Plate. General Instruments are available for this plate such as Plate Bending Press, Plate Holding Forceps, Plate Bending Pliers, Bone Holding Forceps, Bone Elevators, Bone Cutter, Bone Nibbler, Depth Gauge, Sleeve, Screw Driver, Trocar Sleeve etc.
2.7 mm Variable Angle Volar Distal Radius Plate Uses
2.7 mm Variable Angle Volar Distal Radius Plate is indicated for fixation of complex intra and extra-articular fractures and osteotomies of the distal radius and other small bones.