Locking DCS Plate (Dynamic Condylar Screw Plate) Specification, Uses, Sizes and Surgical Techniques
Locking DCS Plate (Dynamic Condylar Screw Plate) is designed to provide strong and stable internal fixation of certain distal femoral and subtrochanteric fractures, with minimal soft tissue irritation.
Locking DCS Plate (Dynamic Condylar Screw Plate) Specification
- Plates are made of 316L stainless steel and Titanium.
- Locking DCS Plate are available with 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, and 20 holes, for varied clinical situations.
- The number of screw holes per plate length is maximized, without compromising plate strength. This allows an increased number of fixation points with a smaller incision.
- The two holes closest to the barrel accept 6.5 mm cancellous bone screws. This enhances stability by allowing additional fixation of the most distal condylar fracture fragments or fixation of the most proximal subtrochanteric fracture fragments.
- LCP holes in the DCS side plate allow angulation of 4.5 mm cortex Screws, 5 mm Locking Screws and axial compression across a shaft fracture.
- The DHS/DCS lag screw is available in 50 mm to 145 mm lengths. The DHS/DCS compression screw can be used for additional compression; only one
size compression screw is needed.
- Two flats within the Locking DCS plate barrel correspond to the two-flat design of the lag screw, preventing rotation of the DHS/ DCS lag screw within the barrel. The two-flat design also eases insertion of the plate over the DHS/DCS lag screw.
- Locking DHS plates have a low-profile design, reducing the risk of iliotibial band irritation (distal femoral fractures) and trochanteric bursitis (subtrochanteric fractures).
- The DCS instruments also provide direct measurements throughout the DCS procedure, allowing proper reaming, tapping, and lag screw insertion depth. The built-in stop and locking nut on the DCS triple reamer prevent over-reaming.
- General Instruments are available for Locking DCS Plate such as Plate Bending Press, Plate Holding Forceps, Plate Bending Pliers, Bone Holding Forceps, Bone Elevators, Bone Cutter, Bone Nibbler, Depth Gauge, Sleeve, Screw Driver, Trocar Sleeve etc.