4.5 mm Herbert Screw
4.5 mm Herbert Screws Specification
- Herbert Screws have headless design, it means that the screw is completely embedded in the bone, without any protrusions to cause tissue irritation even in intra-articular placement.
- Cannulation helps ensure precise placement of the screw.
- The thread design of the Herbert Screw creates compression and provides fracture stability. As the proximal threads engage the bone, the fracture is drawn together, helping to create and maintain stability of the fracture site.
- Herbert Cannulated Guide Pins hold the fragment and act as guides for drilling, tapping, and screw placement.
- 4.5 mm Herbert Screws available lengths are 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 14mm, 16mm, 18mm, 20mm, 22mm, 24mm, 26mm, 28mm, 30mm, 32mm, 34mm, 36mm, 38mm, 40mm, 42mm, 44mm, 46mm, 48mm, 50mm, 55mm, 60mm, 65mm, 70mm, 75mm and 80mm.
- 4.5 mm Herbert Screws is made from pure Titanium and SS 316L.
- Any additional length sizes of this screw will be made on demand.
- Instruments are available for this screw such as Bone Taps, Combined Drill & Tap Sleeve, Counter Sink, Depth Gauge, Drill Bits, Drill Guide, Drill Sleeve, Hollow Mill Screw Removal, Reverse Measuring Device, Screw Drivers and Screw Holding Forceps etc.
4.5 mm Herbert Screws uses
Herbert Screws are designed for the management of fractures where minimal tissue coverage makes standard screw use inappropriate or where
extreme precision in fragment alignment is imperative. Such locations might include fractures of the:
Olecranon and malleolar region
4.5 mm Herbert Screws are indicated for fracture fixation, reconstruction, osteotomy, and arthrodesis of various bones and bone fragments including joint fusions (arthrodeses) in the foot and fixation of intra-articular fractures of the humerus, femur and tibia.